“Everyone has a story but not everyone can tell it. I want to be a journalist so that I can help girls and women who are marginalised in Tanzania. Ashinaga has provided me with the intellectual and emotional support to hone my journalist skills and fulfill my potential.”
Your support will enable our program to continue and flourish, helping future Scholars develop into the next generation of leaders and agents of social change. Donations will help cover tuition fees, accommodation, transportation, and essential items such as laptops and textbooks.
Ashinaga UK was set up by the Ashinaga Foundation in Japan, who provided initial funds. The first Scholars came to the UK in 2015. Since then, 33 Scholars have enrolled into our program and the first graduates have started returning to the region of sub-Saharan Africa. Our Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning has demonstrated the significant impact of our work. Now we need to become self-sufficient, raising funds to ensure that the program continues to make long-term positive change, supporting the next generation of young leaders for Africa.
Our pack contains everything you need to start empowering young leaders:
No Marathons? No Problem!
With our Fundraising from Home and Fundraising Action Guide you can raise money even when events such as the London Marathon have been cancelled. There are lots of ways of raising vital funds while following government restrictions on movement. Get inspired by reading our Fundraising from Home guide.
Join the challenge for Ashinaga UK. Together, we will empower young change-makers and be part of the campaign to save the UK’s charities.
Other Ways to Fundraise
- Run a Facebook campaign to raise money for an event such as your birthday.
- Go to facebook.com/fundraisers, click on “Select Nonprofit,” and search for “Ashinaga Association in the UK” to get started!
- Generate funds every time you buy something on Amazon through Amazon Smile. Find out how.
- Donate a percentage of your eBay sales while reducing your seller fees and gaining tax benefits. Find out how.
- Raise donations simply by doing your everyday shopping, with partners including M&S, Boots, and John Lewis. Simply register with Give as You Live and select Ashinaga Association in the UK as your charity of choice.
- Got another idea? We’d love to hear all about it!
- Learn more about becoming a Corporate Partner or University Partner.
The Ashinaga Foundation, Japan covers our administrative, fundraising, and governance costs, meaning that 100% of your donations go directly to program costs. Read more in our Donor Pledge.