Our Fundraising Pledge
Our 100% Donor Pledge
Ashinaga Foundation in Japan covers our administrative, fundraising, and governance costs, leaving 100% of the donations for student costs:
- Accommodation and living costs.
- The cost of an internship in an African country, enabling Scholars to build their professional network on the continent and develop their leadership skills.
- Conference fees when Scholars present their work and develop their academic and professional skills.
- Essential equipment, including textbooks and a laptop.
- The cost of return flights to the region of sub-Saharan Africa, so that Scholars can begin improving their communities.
When you donate to Ashinaga UK, you can choose to specify that your donation should be used on the Ashinaga Africa Initiative, on the Ashinaga UK Masters Programme, or either. When you specify what your donation should be used for, the funds are ‘restricted’ and used for that sole purpose.
We currently have a ‘matching agreement’ with a partner, meaning that all donations to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) will be doubled. We are hoping to find a partner to allow us to offer this for the Ashinaga UK Masters Programme in the future.
Ashinaga UK Follows the Highest Fundraising and Spending Standards
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practise, a set of standards for UK charity fundraising.
We are members of The Institute of Fundraising, the professional membership body for UK fundraising. We are also members of the Foundation for Social Improvement, the Directory of Social Change, and the UK Council for International Student Affairs. Finally, we are proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
We are transparent, accountable, and evidence–driven. Our annual reports contain full financial statements and our rigorous Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning system measures our impact so that we can refine our programmes and ensure they are being delivered as cost-effectively as possible.
If you have any questions or want to talk through any aspect of your donation, please contact us.